“While planning a retreat for my women’s ministry, I knew I wanted an engaging speaker who would not only connect with the audience but also share solid Biblical truths. Christin provided everything and more. She taught workshops in addition to her keynote and connected one-on-one with guests. She was an amazing source of knowledge for me throughout the entire conference process. I’m so thankful for her expertise and incredible speaking talent!” ~ Jennifer Kostick, The Mercy Retreat, Ligonier, PA
For thirty years, I’ve been privileged to speak at conferences, retreats, banquets, and brunches, calling women to a deeper life ~ encouraging women who love Jesus, teaching them to walk with Him on a daily basis, so that they can experience a richer, deeper, more meaningful relationship with Him.
Believe it or not, it’s been my passion and my calling for as long as I can remember. (My Nana says she found me preaching to my dollies when I was three — but I was in high school, when I first started getting formal invitations to speak. Honestly!) You can read more about my professional career, education, and ministry background here.
You know, sometimes I’ve heard this kind of women’s ministry (retreats, brunches, teas) described as “quaint” or “irrelevant” in the new millennium – but those of us who’ve actually participated in it know just how powerful it can be…
A place for women from all different walks of life, different generations – even different denominations – to come together to love and serve one another. A place we can freely exercise our many different gifts, including hospitality, encouragement and exhortation, intercession, organization, leadership and administration. We give and gather our resources for those in need. We express our individuality, our artistry, our creativity, as a tribute to our Creator God.
In women’s ministry we share our hearts with one another, our stories – our joy and our pain. We pour out our worship and devotion. We find healing, refreshing, and spiritual renewal, as we take time out of our daily lives to sit at Jesus’ feet.
And it’s a place (or an event) where — like the woman at the well — we can invite our friends who have yet to meet Him to “Come and see!” (John 4:29)
I love it — I really do! And if I can serve Jesus by serving you and the women in your community, I’d love to!
Popular Topics Include:
Letting It Go [Breaking Free from the Power of Guilt, Discouragement, and Defeat]
You can choose to let the past define you and confine you – or you can let it refine you. You can also choose to let it go, and leave it behind you.
Sharing from my own experiences and the life-changing truths of Scripture, I’ll help you:
- Identify the things that are holding you back, keeping you from living the life you long for – the life you are called to, the life you were created for!
- Recognize and break free from your own unhealthy thought patterns, attitudes, and behaviors
- Learn what you can from past failures and mistakes – and then learn to let them go!
- Hold on tight to the grace, the peace, the joy, the hope, the healing, and the freedom that is already yours in Jesus!
* Based on my latest book, What Women Should Know About Letting It Go, and available as a single presentation or 2-4 session retreat (Alternate titles include Holding on to Hope, Holding on to Freedom, etc.)
Living Fearlessly [Facing Fear]
Imagine what your life could be without those anxious thoughts, nagging worries, and crippling fears. What if you could finally be the woman you were created to be? I know what it is to be bound by fear – and to be set free. Sharing from my own experiences and the life-changing truths of Scripture, I’ll help you:
- Recognize the stranglehold that fear can be and break free from its destructive power.
- Identify your own unhealthy responses to fear and discover more effective strategies.
- Find courage to face your fears head on and conquer them.
- Experience for yourself the “the perfect love that casts out fear” and know true Peace.
Fear doesn’t have to hold you back; it can be the catalyst that propels you to a deeper faith and a more intimate relationship with God.
* Based on What Women Should Know About Facing Fear, and available as a single presentation or 2-4 session retreat
A Way With Words
As women, we play such vital roles in the lives of our friends and families, in our churches, our communities, our schools and workplaces. In our nation itself. God has gifted us with great power and influence — and the way we use that influence most often is with our words. It’s been estimated that the average woman may speak as many as 50,000 words a day. Words that build up, words that tear down. Words that guide and encourage and teach. Words that control and manipulate and deceive.
How are the words you speak impacting others? And what do those words reveal about your heart? In this presentation, I’ll show you how to:
- Learn to appreciate the influence God has given you — and carefully consider how you’re using it!
- Discover the source of your words and address the problems there.
- Grasp the key principles that will help you choose your words wisely and wield them well.
* Based on A Way With Words: What Women Should Know About the Power They Possess, and available as a single presentation or 2-4 session retreat. (For a multi-session retreat, topics can include the power of prayer, simple ways to share your faith, developing mentoring relationships — as these are all ways women use words!)
Other Popular Retreat Themes:
- Tending the Garden of Your Heart / Gardening for the Soul / Growing in … Grace, Gratitude, Wisdom — Growing deeper in our relationship with Christ, abiding in the Vine, cultivating character, producing good fruit…
- For Such a Time As This / Women of Destiny — Discover God’s call on Your life — His great purpose for you.
- All My Heart Hungers For / He Fills the Hungry with Good Things — Dozens of practical ways to renew and revitalize your devotional life and learn to find greater fulfillment and satisfaction in Him.
- Designer Fragrance — You’re His one-of-a-kind Creation!
- Better Together — Building stronger, healthier friendships!
- The Three Wise Women — A Christmas Tea
- The Light of the World — A Christmas Tea
I’ve had occasion to speak on many other topics, Scriptures, themes — and not just to women — (for instance, I have presentations I give at teachers’ conferences, homeschoolers’ conferences, and writers’ conferences; I do speaker training seminars, as well as talks on C. S. Lewis and Narnia, fantasy literature and more), so if you have something particular in mind, just ask.
What Others Are Saying:
“Christin is a conference director’s dream come true — a great teacher — and warm, friendly, very approachable!” – Billie Wilson, Director, Florida Christian Writer’s Conference
“Our church was blessed to have Christin in our service… Our congregation is still talking about what they learned from her, and we look forward to having her come back again!” – Pastor Ed Frost
“Christin has a wonderful gift for sharing Biblical wisdom that applies to women in any age or season of life! Her warmhearted way of sharing personal stories mixed with profound truth is both inspiring and engaging. We have been blessed as a church to have her for two retreats which have included women from their late teens to early 80’s and every age in between — and we look forward to having her back again in the future! Christin lives out her faith on and off the platform. A true woman of God, in every sense!” – Colleen Bailey, Women’s Ministry and Senior Adult Ministry Director
“It was an absolute pleasure to have Christin share ‘The Three Wise Women’ at our Ladies Christmas Brunch. She brought such a wonderful new perspective to the Christmas story. We’ve had so many positive comments ever since!” – Christi Shinn, Director of Women’s Ministry
“Christin Ditchfield captures Bible truths and wraps them up in compelling stories. Her radio program, Take It To Heart! delivers substance and life application in two power-packed minutes. I don’t know how she does it! ” – Donna Partow, author of Becoming a Vessel God Can Use
I’m in the process of sorting through dvds to upload good video clips of my speaking! In the meantime you can find some informal clips and video diaries on the Letting It Go Book page and on my Speaking and Writing Pinterest Board.
Here’s a four minute clip from a Fall Women’s Retreat in Florida in 2013. This is an excerpt of the third of three keynote sessions on Living Fearlessly.
You can also check out the Heritage of Truth Broadcast below. Host Jeanne Gowen Dennis filmed several sessions at a Women’s Retreat in 2014 and excerpted a few highlights for the show… [This was the year I fractured my leg twice and spent eight months on crutches. I don’t usually stay seated when I speak :) ]
Here you can listen to my presentation “An Introduction to Narnia” from 2005, when I was invited to be a guest on Dr. D. JamesKennedy’s Truths That Transform:
Or listen to my interview with Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine on the internationally syndicated radio program, FamilyLife Today:
You can also listen to my own internationally syndicated daily radio broadcasts — Take It to Heart! — on my radio ministry website here.
PDF of bio in varying lengths for flyers, power point slides, websites, community ads ~ coming soon.
Here’s a link to my official bio on this site
Photo of Christin Ditchfield for Publicity / Advertising Upcoming Events
If you need ideas for your women’s ministry, you can always check out my Women’s Ministry Board on Pinterest.