Welcome to Virtual VBS for GrownUp Girls® Week One! Over the next four weeks, we’ll be studying the book of Philippians together.
Most of our VBS activity now takes place in a Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/virtualvbsforgrownupgirls (Because of our privacy settings, sometimes this link doesn’t work unless you go directly to FB and enter it there.) We’d love to have you join us …
This week’s theme is “Pressing On in Maturity.”
READ: If you can, take 15 minutes to read straight through the book of Philippians. Then spend some quality time in Chapter One. You can read this chapter every day (or every day in a different translation!) or focus on 3-4 verses at a time. (Click here for tips to help you get the most out of your Bible reading.)
NOTE: How often in Chapter One Paul uses the words “grow,” “develop,””continue,” “more and more” or other words / phrases to describe an ongoing process — a spiritual journey — and where it’s all headed. (Hint: See vs 5-6, 9, 11, 25, 27-30)
REFLECT: Here are some questions you can use to reflect and journal as you study. (You can answer all of them or pick and choose.)
- Let’s take a look at Philippians 1:11-12, 20. What is the ultimate goal of our journey to spiritual maturity?
- Where do you see “the fruit of your salvation” — growth or progress — in your life?
- How is it a “privilege” to trust in Christ? (Philippians 1:29.
- How is suffering for Christ different that suffering the natural consequences of our sinful behavior? (See 1 Peter 3:13-17)
- Do you think of suffering for Christ as a privilege? How has He allowed you to suffer — to sacrifice, to surrender, or to endure hardship for His sake? What has this suffering produced in your life?
MEMORIZE: Philippians 1:29 in the translation of your choice.